Wednesday, September 23

Random.


Three weeks ago i was indifferently waiting for a classmate on the 7th floor hallway of our building with a friend when three of our old classmates noticed us. We were so excited to spend time with each other again after so many months of not being in the same class. One topic led to another and the next thing i knew, we were already talking about love lives. I was already hesitant to stay and chat with them knowing they would certainly ask questions about me and answering them was the unbearable part. But i stayed anyway.

"Oh, Mars, gumaganda ka ngayon ah. Blooming?," my 17-year old friend jokingly said. "Ganun talaga pag single. Hehe..," i replied. "Ha? Single? Bakit? Ano nangyare sa inyo nung boyfriend mo? Sino na nga ba ulit yun, si ***?," she immediately said. Rina, my friend, and i looked at each other and i knew then that she knew i didn't want to answer the question. "Ah, yun? Wala na yun. Haha!" The way i said it made me laugh. It's not me to be talking like that especially when people ask me about that guy. I usually answer their questions with a sad ring to every word. "Hala! Talaga?! E di'ba sobrang in-love kayo nun? Grabe.. Sayang! Ano ba nangyare?" And words just came out. "Nawala na kase yung love e," i said. And that friend of mine wasn't still contented with my answer and had to ask me another follow-up question which made me a bit irritated. But then again, they were friends and they knew about us and i thought maybe the situation was a really hard thing to swallow for everyone, including them. I understood. "Ano ba kase nangyare? Eto, hindi nagkukuwento." What to say, what to say. I was at a loss for words.

"Ayoko na kase pag-usapan e. Haha," was all i said.

I knew they understood what i meant about the last thing i said.

No comments:

Post a Comment